Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lazy, Crazy, Depressed or Indifferent?


I have not kept up with this blog in the longest time.  Every time I think about I first of all feel guilty because it's been too long, then depressed because I don't think I have anything to say, then pissed at myself because I am so lazy,  and finally I just (mentally) throw up my hands and say "who gives a crap?"

But today I seem to be motivated and I hope after months of ennui and slogging about in fuzzy depressing thoughts mixed with an energy so low that for several weeks I was taking a nap every day from being so exhausted doing nothing.  I actually began cleaning out my pantry today -- got one entire shelf done.  Three more to do.  This is a daunting task!



I have umpteen half-finished projects lying around too:  the inventory of Uncle George's antique and collectible menus, the picture book of our Christmas Paris trip, three paintings, tons of cat toys and kitty beds not made, a garden and yard that desperately need attention after an abnormally dry winter, plus some projects that I have been thinking bout like painting and re-flooring the foyer and entry to our bedroom suite, and painting the cabinets in the foyer.

So I am hoping this little spurt of optimism and creativity last at least a little while longer. I am doing all sorts of tricks and games with myself to keep going:  I will keep cleaning the pantry for the length of this CD (and turning up the volume on "Red Dirt Girl" as high as I can), and after I have cleaned out the chicken coop I can have two pieces of that weak-in-the-knees good dark chocolate with dried cherries and almonds.

Or after I finish this blog I can take a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment